Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Less than 10 Weeks til MCAT

How ominous is it to take the MCAT on Friday the 13th? As I prep for the April MCAT, I find myself looking for excuses to push my test date back until May. My biggest concern is whether or not I'll have enough time to prepare, but if superstition gives me an "out," then I just might take it.

In all seriousness, I'm worried about having the fortitude to bring my scores up. I took CBT 3 (the free, official practice MCAT) and bombed it. I scored an 8 on Physical Sciences and felt surprisingly OK about it. After all, I know I stink at physics and I'm not so fond of chemistry. But scoring another 8 on the Biological Sciences was a real blow. I did not expect that. I fared better on Verbal, scoring a 10. Still, this was lower than what I had on previous Exam Krackers verbal practice. (And, by the way, why does it seem that people are so reticent to share their scores? Too afraid to be human and admit when you score less than 30?)

With a starting point of 26, I guess I've only got room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment