Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Calm Before the Storm

I'm finally in my much anticipated "light" semester. As I plowed through full-time classes last year (spring, summer, and fall), I had my eye on this semester in which I'd lighten my course load and get ready for the MCAT. Yeah.

Here's my problem: I've lightened my load. Ok, ok, taking fewer classes really isn't a problem. I actually like that. I get to eat dinner with my kids more often instead of running off to classes directly after work. Last weekend I even took my crew on an impromtu vacation into the mountains. That was terrific!

It's the second half of my plan that has become a problem--the "get ready for the MCAT" portion of the plan seems to be faltering a little. I want to get ready for the MCAT. I know I need to get ready for the MCAT. I just really like being a bit chill right now. It's been a pretty intense 12 months, and I know that right now I am just experiencing the calm before the storm. I must say, I'm not sure I'm ready for the rough weather.

After the intense studying comes actually taking the MCAT. Right now, I'm looking at April or May. Come May 1, the AMCAS application is open, and the rush begins. I'll have a month to get my personal transcripts entered (and as an oldie-but-goodie, I've got quite a few transcripts to deal with) as well as all of the other gems included in the application. My goal is to submit as early as possible. Since many secondaries are already floating around, I'll be working on those all summer (even before I hear back from schools). Sounds like a whirl-wind to me. I suppose that I'll have all of my applications neatly wrapped up by September, but then the hard part comes...the wait!

Yep. I'm enjoying my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment