Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kicking off Interview Season

I got my first interview invitation on Friday. I was elated! I'll be interviewing for a seat in a DO program. Though I submitted primary applications to a total of 8 osteopathic schools, I only did secondaries for 3. It's good to hear back from one of those just two weeks after my second MCAT scores were released.

After doing my happy-dance and calling my husband ("Guess what?!"), I decided that maybe I should check my "spam" box again. I've been pretty good about going through it once a day. Lo and behold! There was another interview invitation that had been sent on Thursday afternoon! This one is for an MD program in Texas. Texas schools are manadated to have no more than 10% of their students from out-of-state. I'm just so excited. This school only interviews about 1/10 of out-of-staters, so I'm feeling pretty good about making it past "first-cuts."

Now, I just need to figure out how to schedule these interviews (and travel) with my work, my kids, and my genetics class.

No comments:

Post a Comment