Friday, October 11, 2013

Heading into the Home-stretch

A week from today I will be taking the National Board of Medical Examiners' Anatomy test. For some reason, I feel morally obligated to freak out, worry, and beat myself up for not being a diligent student. But, you know, I simply cannot do that. I am enjoying med school way to much.

And that, my friends, is the great surprise. Med school is fun. More fun than I ever imagined. And it is manageable. A year ago, as I eagerly anticipated my interviews, I was worried that I wouldn't really have what it takes to make it through medical school. You know--those doubts that you don't have the right stuff to balance the demands of adulthood (and no, my 22-year-old classmates really have no concept of this) with the commitment of being an uber-full-time student.

Please don't misconstrue me. I'm not saying medical school is easy. It isn't. But once I got over the fact that I can't know it all, and embraced my lack of desire to honor my classes, I entered my personal Zen-zone. It is a beautiful place to be. I'm learning, I'm growing, and I'm having a good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment