Friday, July 12, 2013

12 Hours til Lift Off!

Man, I am tired! I suppose that means I should go to bed rather than posting to my blog at two o'clock in the morning.

I've spent the last two days going through my belongings and whittling them away: recycle, trash, donate, sell, and (finally) move. It's time consuming and a little emotional. Some of the emotions are wonderful--like when I find a stash of baby pictures of my 12-year-old. Some of the emotions are not so wonderful--like when I find that my 15-year-old decided to help by tossing a bunch of financial documents into the recycling instead of the shredder.  For being the only one leaving tomorrow, I sure have given the entire house a solid once-over this week. Hopefully, this will prevent my husband from loading up the 26-foot truck with nothing but junk.

This evening, my husband and I went out to dinner and a play to give me a little sanity. It was just what I needed. You know what? When you are in a dark theater with your cell phone off, the only option you really, truly have is to enjoy the moment. Ah! Bliss. But, of course, all good things must come to an end, and I put in a few more hours of packing prior to hopping on the computer to print my hotel confirmation for tomorrow...er, tonight.

Right now, I anticipate pulling away from home (and my kids! Sob!!!!) twelve hours from now with my husband's little sedan packed to the gills. Two days of driving and I will be in my new home sweet home. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment